Monday, April 03, 2006

Weekend trip to Alibag

Went to Alibag this weekend. Tanvee saw the sea for the first time in her life and was very much excited. She did not want to come out of the water and wanted to play there the whole day.

We took the Pune Mumbai express way till Khopoli. Then took the Khopoli exit and took the Khopoli-Pen road. From Pen we went to Alibag. Total journey (one way) was around 14o km. Apart frmo Khopoli-Pen road, the road was good. Khopoli-Pen 30 km streach was the worst road. I could not go above 3 rd gear and it took us aeround 70 min for the 30 odd kilometers!

We stayed at Hotel Sea View just next to sea. Went to Nagaon beach and spent the afternoon there.

While returning, we took the Alibag-Pen-Panvael (NH17) - Old Mumbai Pune highway route. Entire road was good.

2 comments:

Spider Girl said...

I'm trying to imagine what it must be like to see the sea for the first time in your life. Wonderful, I imagine.

I've always lived by the sea so I can't remember a time before I saw it. :)

Nishant said...

Good site for sea lovers...Resort booking