Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Tanvee's first day at school

All excited, sporting her new clothes (a "Hanuman" Tee shirt and cool skirt) Tanvee, I and Sonali started for Tanvee's kindergarten. Today was her first day at school. She promised not to cry and play at the school.

It was going to be just for half hour since it was the first day.

Sonali and I left her with the teacher. Sonali left for office and I stayed outside. Kids were coming with there parents. Some were crying some were dancing. Almost all of them with brand new clothes and bags and water bags.

The teachers rushed all parents out and closed the door. Minutes passed by, I started hearing crying noises from the school. Almost all of us parents were nervously strolling outside - trying to identify from the number of screams if our kid was crying...

We started speaking with each other to get rid of our nervousness, telling each other that my kid won't cry and that he or she is brave and will adjust easily. It was an attempt to keep our nerves and we all understood it.

Finally after half an hour the door opened and the kids were out one by one - all crying and looking desperately for their parents. Tanvee came out sobbing and jumped towards me. It took almost 10 minutes before she calmed down.

She told that she cried because everyone elase was crying. She did managed to play slide and see-saw and swing.

I wonder what did I do on first day of my school... Need to ask my mother.

Let's see what unfolds tomorrow....

1 comment:

sonali ambekar said...

It is really good..Hope she won't cry tommorrow! I also must have done the same..so it's but natural.